I have been playing with film-making for nearly ten years now and while initially I just captured my children as they grew, it wasn’t long before I started to have ideas for stories that I wanted to share with the world. Many stories later, what was once a hobby is now a full time career for me and I love every moment of it! The medium of film never ceases to amaze and move me. It is one of the most powerful ways to communicate and share stories and ideas. A good film takes us on a journey and can change our very understanding of life. This is a fascinating opportunity to me.
The Advanced course is for people who have had already experimented with film making but want to take it to the next level. It is imperative you have already embarked on and completed numerous film projects in the past but you are wanting to GROW your filmmaking skills and get feedback on your work. You are ready to dive in a bit deeper and understand more about your settings and how to tell a story. You want to know how another film-maker makes things work - bringing a personal or commercial project to life. If this sounds like you, come and join us!
What you will learn:
How I make films!
- I will break down the whole process for you including what settings and equipment I use
- I will discuss how I stay inspired and work both on personal and client work
- I’ll help you understand the process of making a film and the planning involved to see a project from idea through to completion
- I will help you identify what stories you want to tell and show you how best to tell them
- We’ll go deeper with settings and the technical stuff (but not get overwhelmed!)
- You’ll learn how to add movement and keep things interesting in your films.
- You will understand that film-making is not about the equipment you use but heart and soul, and learning how to communicate effectively
- We will go deeper into filming for the editing process
- The business of film-making - how do you price, work and deliver to clients.
This three week online class will include:
- A supportive place to further explore film-making
- Daily check in’s and questions answered from me
- exercises and lessons that will help you create great films
- weekly assignments and one big video project to end the course
- videos of me showing how I edit.
- Individual CC on past work for ACTIVE STUDENTS
- Individual CC and feedback assisntments for ACTIVE STUDENTS
- Detailed behind scenes info on how I film my own projects
- video chats from me about the course lessons
- alumni students can participate in class and ask questions but will only get feedback from Hailey on final end project
- PDF at the end of the course
To see testimonials from past students go HERE.
A DSLR camera that has a video feature. You must have made a couple of short videos already. This course is for people who know how to do the basics but want to push it further. We will be using Adobe Premiere to edit. I recommend you also have this software to take your films to the next level.
Active Seat $350 | Silent Seat $250 | Alumni Seat $150
To learn more in general about the different types of seats offered, go to our FAQ section.
Dates of Next Class:
1/8/18 to 1/28/18
Please message me with any questions HERE.
To register go HERE on November 29th at 12 noon EST