Advancing Your Artistry
I am so grateful to now be in my 11th year of my photography career. During this time, I nurtured and grew a successful portraiture business and made an award-winning transition into fine art photography. I have also had the incredible opportunity to teach and mentor hundreds of students along the way.
Advancing Your Artistry is the second of three courses that I am teaching on Illuminate. This course will focus you inward, exploring your creative growth and the unique artist that you are. Throughout this two-week course, I will encourage you to dig deep within yourself through daily lessons and discussions. You will reflect and critically think about your personal style and artistic processes. This course will push you, with the goal of expanding and refining who you are as a photographer and artist. This class is a structured to be highly interactive so please come ready to share, with an open mind and heart.
What you will learn:
- about refining and advancing your unique style
- about pre visualization and storytelling
- the importance of facing your fears
- about embracing critique and rejection
- explore what makes for strong photographs
- explore photographing with vision and intent
- strong online portfolio
- about taking your portfolio to the next level
- about getting your work out there
- about what makes a great photographer
- the importance of studying the work of other artists
This two-week online interactive workshop will include:
- daily lessons providing instruction and examples of discussed concepts
- daily interaction from me, leading discussions and answering questions about the material presented
- video lessons that will accompany some of the written material
- weekend assignments with individual feedback from me
- an intimate look into Deb’s photography style and journey
- a digital PDF delivered at the conclusion of the course, which includes all core lessons presented (with option to purchase printed workbook)
- one randomly selected (volunteer) student will receive a live portfolio review that will be shared with the class
- an informal live Q&A with the opportunity to virtually chat, interact and ask questions
- all students will be added to a very active and inspiring private Facebook workshop group at the conclusion of the course
This class is for photographers who have a solid understanding of technique and image processing and are ready to dig deep into their personal artistry. Students should be photographing in aperture-priority or manual mode.
The previous course is not a requirement to register for Advancing Your Artistry; however, if you are just beginning to explore artistry in your photography, it is recommended that you start with the Embracing Your Inner Artist course.
Active seat $250 | Silent seat $200
(While silent seats are available, due to the high level of interaction in this course, active participation is strongly encouraged.)
To learn more about the different types of seats offered, go to our FAQ section.
Dates of Next Class:
2/6/17 to 2/20/17
Please message me with any questions HERE.