if you are not shooting what you love, the love of shooting disappears
When I started as a business 9 years ago, in-home photography was a genre very little photographers explored.
I honestly didn't know what to call what I did when I walked into a client's home and took a photo journalistic approach to capturing them as a family, versus a more directed approach in a location like parks and beaches. I did do a a handful of location shoots a month as well, but it was in-home that really made my heart skip when I went to review those images at download. Three years ago I made a move that some would consider business suicide: I dropped all 'location' shoots and went to a totally in-home documentary offering only.
Not only did it work- it rocked. Since then I have been coaching and encouraging students to make that leap- because when you shoot what you love, success and self-fulfillment comes.
Are you thinking of making the switch in your business? Or just starting to turn what you love to shoot into a business and want to know how to go about the in-home approach?
Are you scared to make the switch totally because of issues like indoor light, finding the story, and making your clients feel at ease?
From a business standpoint, are you looking for ways to market this type of session, price it and provide relevant products?
Then Coming Home is just what you need.
What You Will Learn:
- 'selling' the in-home genre right out of the gate through website and social media platforms
- branding for in-home with consistency
- marketing/educating/finding your client
- pricing for the in-home client
- building confidence and skills to walk into any home, be it an apartment or sprawling estate and film clients with ease
- telling stronger stories with your images
- client relations
- workflow + editing for in-home sessions
This four week intensive online interactive workshop will include:
- video lessons that coincide with each written lesson presented in the classroom
- daily interaction/feedback/questions answered
- weekly assignments with individualized feedback on each assignment
- silent students will be provided a section of the classroom to interact with one another but should not ask questions outside that area or submit assignments
- at the conclusion of the workshop, a PDF of all the lessons in class will be provided containing all the lessons presented during the course
- all class members will be invited to join the jts alumni Facebook group after the class ends
“This class was a perfect fit for me. I’ve been photographing in home for a few years and thinking about the possibility of focusing only on documentary photography, but never thought I could make money with that type of photography. And I’ve always been awful with marketing. During the class I completely redesigned my website in a way that truly reflects my voice, learned about how to market for in home photography and got to meet a lot of talented photographer’s. And I can also see how much I’ve grown in these 3 weeks. And there’s Jenn: she’s amazing. Her video and written class are so thorough and she’s always available to answer our questions. If you want to shoot in home, are awful at marketing (just like I was), need to work on a rebranding of your website, I think this class might help you as well.”
To read more testimonials from past students go HERE.
A website (or website in progress), social media platforms and a DSLR and understanding of manual is best for this class.
Active Seat $400 | Silent Seat $300 | Alumni Seat $150
To learn more about the different types of seats offered, go to our FAQ section.
Dates of Next Class:
Please message me with any questions HERE.