Food as art
a guide to creating beautiful still life imagery using the elements of light, color, style and texture.
As a work from home mom, I’ve always spent many hours in the kitchen. I enjoy cooking and being around wholesome, beautiful food. Our family grows a large garden and I can’t help but admire all of the colors and textures of fresh fruits and vegetables. In 2014 I decided the best way to celebrate the visual diversity and seasonal flavors, was to write a cookbook. And so my journey into still life work began. Food photography is complex. There are so many elements that play into creating atmosphere in a single photograph. But the good news is that you have control to create just the mood you envision. Once the key elements of a strong still life image are understood, the possibilities are endless. In this course, you'll learn how to create images in line with your vision using just natural light. There is so much room for creativity! Have you been dabbling in still life work but can’t seem to match your images to your vision? Or are you looking for a good foundation to get started?
Food As art is just the class for anyone who has a good understanding of natural light and wants to take their food photography to the next level.
What You Will Learn:
- how to plan your visual story and mood
- ideal camera gear and lens choices
- what types of props will help create a visual story…what to look for and where to find them
- backgrounds and surfaces
- how to find the correct natural light and set your scene in a way that will create the mood you’re envisioning
- color palette and how it can add to or take away from your final image
- how to style a tabletop scene
- composition and angles that best flatter still life work…on the table or in the hands of another subject
- how to create diptychs in Lightroom and work within the color hue, saturation and luminance sliders
This two week online interactive class will include:
- behind the scenes photographs and lighting diagrams that show you how I style and utilize natural light
- daily interaction and feedback to all questions
- weekly assignments with individualized feedback through video
- a full PDF of all the lessons from the class so you can continue to revisit the material…this will be given at the conclusion of the workshop
- all class members will be invited to the Food As Art alumni Facebook group…an opportunity for continual sharing and growth
a DSLR and understanding of how to use manual mode
Active $200 | Silent $150
To learn more about the different types of seats offered, go to our FAQ section.
Dates of Next Class:
9/24/18 to 10/7/18
Please message me with any questions HERE.
TO REGISTER GO HERE ON AUGUST 22ND AT 12 NOON EST!