Inside The Frame
developing your eye for effective composition
Challenge your eye and mind to explore the fundamentals of arranging elements and their relationship to one another to create inspiring, dynamic compositions in your photographs.
Inside The Frame will take a detailed look at many of the basic rules of composition to further your understanding of not only how, but why they work. You will be introduced to various techniques and creative concepts to discover new ways to improve visual interest and impact within your images.
We all see the world differently and have our own story to tell. This class will give you the insight to observe, identify elements and frame each image with intent to convey your most compelling artistic vision.
What You Will Learn:
- how psychology and principles of design influence composition
- explore the how and why of rule of thirds, orientation and aspect ratio
- learn why perspective is the most powerful component in framing your image
- how to create layers and dimension for visual interest
- finding lines and using them as a building block for strong composition
- how body language and gesture add an emotional element
- arranging and simplifying details to define your vision
- expand your knowledge of geometry, balance and figure to ground relationships
- how to use color theory to create bold visual impact
This 3 week interactive class will include:
- lessons, photo examples and material covering various techniques and concepts
- assignments with detailed feedback for each active student
- multiple practice exercises to inspire and challenge students to shoot daily
- designated sections for active and silent students to post and discuss lessons
- daily interaction from myself - leading discussions and answer questions
- a PDF of written material for all participants at the conclusion
To see testimonials from past students go HERE.
Although good composition can be framed by any level of photographer with any type of camera, I do recommend that students have a DSLR and knowledge of manual exposure to efficiently work through all the lessons and assignments.
Active Seat $250 | Silent Seat $200
To learn more about the different types of seats offered, go to our FAQ section.
Dates of Next Class:
9/18/17 to 10/6/17
Please contact me with any questions HERE.