Project Development and Fine Art
taking your photography to the next level
I am so grateful to now be in my 11th year of my photography career. During this time, I nurtured and grew a successful portraiture business and made an award-winning transition into fine art photography. I have also had the incredible opportunity to teach and mentor hundreds of students along the way.
In this Project Development & Fine Art course, students will explore the process of developing a body of work and learn about the necessary skills to move into the world of fine art photography. Students will receive lessons on how to prepare and present a fine art portfolio, writing an artist statement, bio and curriculum vitae. Information regarding competitions, portfolio reviews and exhibiting will be discussed. Assignments will be given that will encourage students to reflect and critically think about their current photography journey and the stories they wish to tell.
Throughout this two-week course, I will share detailed fine art photography information, while also assisting and guiding students with their individual creative projects. I will share personal examples of my journey from a portrait photographer to a fine art photographer. I will also feature and discuss established fine art photographers who have inspired me along the way.
What you will learn:
- the process of developing a photography project or series
- constructing a concept, idea or theme
- key elements of an artist statement, bio and curriculum vitae
- key elements of a strong website
- editing and sequencing
- fine art paper and printing
- portfolio development and presentation
- pricing prints
- fine art marketing strategies
- fine art competitions and portfolio reviews
- building confidence and embracing failures
This two week online interactive workshop will include:
- daily lessons providing instruction and examples
- daily interaction from me, leading discussions and answering questions about the material presented
- video lessons that will accompany some of the written material
- a digital PDF delivered at the conclusion of the course, which includes all core lessons presented (with option to purchase printed workbook)
- assignments with individual feedback from me
- an informal live Q&A with the opportunity to virtually chat, interact and ask questions
- all students will be added to a very active and inspiring private Facebook group at the conclusion of the course
To see testimonials from past students go HERE.
This class is for any level of photographer that has an interest in project development or fine art photography. Students should have a solid understanding of the technical aspects of photography and editing, as technique will not be discussed in this course.
There will be a number of assignments throughout this course; however, depending on the stage you are personally at, participation in assignments will vary. For example, for photographers that do not have a fully developed series yet, they will not be able to share an entire series; however, they can still learn from viewing what others have to share, along with the discussions that unfold.
Active Seats $250 | Silent Seats $175
To learn more about the different types of seats offered, go to our FAQ section.
Dates of Next Class:
2/12/18 to 2/25/18
Please message me with any questions HERE.
To register go HERE on November 29th at 12 noon EST.