THE BUSINESS OF PHOTOGRAPHY
a comprehensive guide to cutting through the clutter and optimizing the best part of your business- you
Are you ready to jump start your business or are you in dire need to resuscitate it? Looking for a no nonsense, straight to the point class that can lay it all out for you step by step? The Business of Photography is a class I developed to hone in on the key factors of business that need to be addressed in order to run a successful photography business. Having a career for over a decade in advertising and marketing for some of the biggest brands in the world (Oraph, People, Seventeen) helped me to jump start my photography business in near record time back in 2009. Through my guidance, and candid sharing of missteps I made, I aim to set every student on the right path to loving their brand, their business and truly recognizing the unique gift we all can offer to clients. The gift of a timeless image that will be shared and passed down for decades to come.
What You Will Learn:
- the importance of shooting what you love and making sure that is what you are ‘selling’ to the public
- website/social media review
- logo review / product packaging review (if applicable)
- how to charge for what you are offering
- products to offer that fit your brand
- the pros/cons of selling digital images
- in home sales vs. on line Gallery and best practices for payment
- the importance and how to market to your target market
- marketing lists
- developing marketing plans
- tips to free up time in your workflow to focus on marketing
- creating + maintaining a loyal client base
- the importance of customer service
- when and how to say ‘no’ (it’s a good thing :))
- common client scenarios
This three week intensive online interactive workshop will include:
- video lessons that coincide with each written lesson presented in the classroom
- daily interaction/feedback/questions answered
- weekly assignments with individualized feedback on each assignment
- silent students will be provided a section of the classroom to interact with one another but should not ask questions outside that area or submit assignments
- a PDF for each lesson culminating in a total class PDF
- 'LIVE' Q+A with Jenn and the class to answer any final questions (active students only: q+a will be recorded and shared however, in the classroom for all students)
- all class members will be invited to join a private FB group to keep in touch and share ideas well after class ends
To see testimonials from past students go HERE.
A website (or website in progress), social media platforms and a DSLR and understanding of manual is best for this class.
Active Seat $350 | Silent Seat $300 | Alumni Seat $150
To learn more about the different types of seats offered, go to our FAQ section.
Dates of Next Class:
Please message me with any questions HERE.