THE SIMPLE EDIT
some of the most beautiful photographs have the simplest edits
I remember the days when I had no clue how to organize my photographs. I am reminded of this every time I search for images from those days and can't find what I'm looking for. Luckily, someone showed me a very simple way to structure my folders—AND then I learned Lightroom. Today, I’d be crazy without it. I hear so many that say it’s too hard or I don’t have time to learn it. Let me tell you with all certainty, you can absolutely learn it. This class will focus on simple concepts to get you started using Lightroom today.
Where are you at with your own editing? Are you able to finish your photographs with edits that speak to your voice as an artist? In this class we will explore this concept, along with the concept that it’s not always in the edit; it’s in the photographing itself. Sure you can use editing to fix some mistakes that may happen while photographing, but learning to understand how to edit can also help you begin to take better photographs. In this class, we'll look at ways to fix in-camera mistakes with editing, and at the same time, move you toward making better images all around.
What You Will Learn:
- lightroom basics with focus on Library and Develop Modules
- simple workflow for personal work and client sessions
- simple processing techniques
- how to use presets and how to create your own
- what edits a photo needs and what it doesn't
- to explore your own editing style
- how to evaluate your images, refine your style/vision and improve in camera shooting
This three week online interactive workshop will include:
- most instruction provided via video presentation
- daily interaction from me answering questions about the materials presented
- students must submit 3-5 RAW images, a minimum of one image will be edited by me
- individual editing critique
- small, simple assignments reinforce lessons
- illuminate presets provided to all students
- a PDF with all the lessons presented at the end of class
To see testimonials from past students go HERE.
It's recommended students shoot and edit RAW files.
The most current version of Lightroom is required.
Active Seat $300 | Silent Seat $250
To learn more about the different types of seats offered, go to our FAQ section.
Dates of Next Class:
4/24/17 to 5/14/17
Please message me with any questions HERE.
To register go HERE on March 8th at 12 noon EST.