THE SIMPLE EDIT
some of the most beautiful photographs have the simplest edits
I remember the days when I had no clue how to organize my photographs. I am reminded of this every time I search for images from those days and can't find what I'm looking for. Luckily, someone showed me a very simple way to structure my folders—AND then I learned Lightroom. Today, I’d be crazy without it. I hear so many that say it’s too hard or I don’t have time to learn it. Let me tell you with all certainty, you can absolutely learn it. This class will focus on simple concepts to get you started using Lightroom today.
Where are you at with your own editing? Are you able to finish your photographs with edits that speak to your voice as an artist? In this class we will explore this concept, along with the concept that it’s not always in the edit; it’s in the photographing itself. Sure you can use editing to fix some mistakes that may happen while photographing, but learning to understand how to edit can also help you begin to take better photographs. In this class, we'll look at ways to fix in-camera mistakes with editing, and at the same time, move you toward making better images all around.
What You Will Learn:
- lightroom basics with focus on library and develop modules
- overview of using lightroom for video, book making and printing
- how to better utilize collections and lightroom mobile
- simple workflow for personal work and client sessions
- simple processing techniques for both color and black and white
- how to use presets and how to create your own
- what edits a photo needs and what it doesn't
- to explore your own editing style
- how to evaluate your images, refine your style/vision and improve in camera shooting
- to curate your images into a cohesive and consistent body of work
This three week online interactive workshop will include:
- most instruction provided via video presentation
- daily interaction from me answering questions about the materials presented
- students must submit 3-5 RAW images, a minimum of one image will be edited by me
- small, simple assignments reinforce lessons
- one large individually crafted assignment specific to your work
- individual editing/image critique
- illuminate presets provided to all active and silent students
- special threads for silent students to submit work and interact
- a PDF with all the lessons presented at the end of class
- invitation to private FB group after class for The Simple Edit alumni
To see testimonials from past students go HERE.
It's recommended students shoot and edit RAW files.
The most current version of Lightroom is required.
Active Seat $300 | Silent Seat $250 | Alumni $150
To learn more about the different types of seats offered, go to our FAQ section.
Dates of Next Class:
4/24/17 to 5/14/17 (SOLD OUT) This class will be offered again sometime in the fall.
Please message me with any questions HERE.